Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Gregory P Ferrara <gf...@usgs.gov> on 2001/06/26 20:24:13 UTC

Apache won't start with Tomcat

Greetings:

I have recently upgraded to Apache 1.3.14 with Tomcat 3.2.2. When I attempt
to start Apache,
I get the following error message:

Syntax error on line 1 of
/usr/local/jakarta-tomcat-3.2.2/conf/tomcat-apache.conf:
Invalid command 'LoadModule', perhaps mis-spelled or defined by a module
not included in the server configuration
./apachectl start: httpd could not be started

Being a novice at this, I would appreciate any and all comments.

Thanks!

Greg Ferrara

RE: Apache won't start with Tomcat

Posted by Saurabh Shukla <sa...@cysphere.com>.
Did u build your apache from source or used an RPM ?

if you had build apache from source the build it again
with --enable-module=so option.
The apache which you have does not support Dynamic Loading of Objects. (DSO
support).

hth,

Shuklix

Might help to have the section of the conf file that
the error is talking about...

Posted by Tim O'Neil <ti...@xythos.com>.