Posted to dev@bigtop.apache.org by Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org> on 2015/04/17 00:20:39 UTC

Fwd: Additional Travis-CI Capacity

Is this something that we may want to look at?

Thanks,
Roman.

Posted by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com>.
It is a piece of cake for simple builds.

It required setting up a config file that is seen by travis ci on the
github repo.

If you use a maven build, this is dead simple.  Here, for instance, is the
entire config for the t-digest process from the .travis.yml file:

language: java
jdk:
   - oraclejdk7
   - openjdk7

I had to tell travis to look at the project but that was it.  Much simpler
than, say, Jenkins.  Bound to be less flexible as well, but if it does what
I want and is more reliable because of fewer corner cases, how bad can it
be to lose flexibility that I wouldn't use?

Posted by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Andrew Musselman <ak...@apache.org>.

Posted by Andrew Musselman <ak...@apache.org>.

Re: Fwd: Additional Travis-CI Capacity

Posted by Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org>.

Posted by jay vyas <ja...@gmail.com>.
I have a feeling the CI will evolve organically over the next few weeks and
months...

I think Travis will be a great resource to play with for the itest and
blueprint apps and so on.

For other rpm deb builds and docker tests we will need to use our own beefy
servers I would think ?