Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Jill Han <ji...@alverno.edu> on 2009/11/24 22:55:51 UTC

configure solr

Hi,

I just downloaded solr -1.4.0 to my computer, C:\apache-solr-1.4.0.

1.        I followed the instruction to run the sample, java -jar
start.jar at C:\apache-solr-1.4.0\example

And then go to http://localhost:8983/solr/admin, however, I got

HTTP ERROR: 404

        NOT_FOUND

RequestURI=/solr/admin

Powered by jetty:// <http://jetty.mortbay.org>

Did I miss something?

2.       Since I can't get sample run, I tried to run it on tomcat
server(5.5) directly as

a.       Copy/paste apache-solr-1.4.0.war to C:\Tomcat 5.5\webapps,

b.       Go to http://localhost:8080/apache-solr-1.4.0/

The error message is" HTTP Status 500 - Severe errors in solr
configuration.."

3.       How to configure it on tomcat server?

Your help is appreciated very much as always,

Jill

RE: configure solr

Posted by Jill Han <ji...@alverno.edu>.
I got it running. -Dsolr.solr.home=c:\web\solr is needed.

Thanks all for the help,

Jill

Posted by dipti khullar <di...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Re: configure solr

Posted by Joel Nylund <jn...@yahoo.com>.
for #1, under example, is there a webapps folder, does it contain
solr.war ? are there any errors in your startup log for jetty, does it
say anything about setting up solr, and solr home etc.

Joel

Re: configure solr

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
For the second question, do the instructions here help?
http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SolrTomcat

I suspect your SOLR instance doesn't know where to find the SOLR
config files. So a severe error, indeed. It can't find them at all <G>.

WARNING: I'm *really* not a tomcat expert, and the instructions
at the URL are for Tomcat 6x. But they might give you a clue if
you're reasonable tomcat-savvy.

HTH
Erick