Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by "HORSTMAN, MARK A (SBCSI)" <mh...@sbc.com> on 2004/10/05 03:45:04 UTC

Problems with jakarta-tomcat-connectors-jk2-2.0.[24]-src/jk/native2/configure and HP-UX 11.0

I cannot get the jk/native2/configure script that comes with jakarta-tomcat-connectors-jk2-2.0.4-src (or jakarta-tomcat-connectors-jk2-2.0.2-src) to work without errors under HP-UX 11.0.  The problems occur when the script does something like:

	if ${TEST} "${apxs_support}" = "false" ; then

or

	if ${TEST} -z "$tempval" ; then

and the variable being tested has not been previously set.  With 'set -x' turned on to assist in debugging, the first test gives an error of:

	+ /usr/bin/test  = false
	/usr/bin/test[7]: test: Specify a parameter with this command.

while the second ones gives:

	+ /usr/bin/test -z
	/usr/bin/test[7]: test: Specify a parameter with this command.

This style of variable checking is used extensively throughout the script.  Short of hacking each one to be something like:

	if ${TEST} "${apxs_support}x" = "falsex" ; then

or

	if ${TEST} "${tempval}x" = "x" ; then

does anyone have any ideas how I can get around this?  Is this an autoconf issue?

I've tried re-generating the configure script using buildconf.sh by installing GNU autoconf-2.58, automake-1.9.2 and libtool-1.5.8 but I get the same problems.

Mark A. Horstman
SBC Services, Inc.
St. Louis, MO  63101