Posted to user@click.apache.org by Joseph Schmidt <jo...@yahoo.com> on 2009/04/17 16:53:38 UTC

Link controls can't render both text and icon/image :(

It looks like all link controls can't render both their text (label)
and an icon/image if one is present :(.

This is however a very frequent requirement to be able to render both.

I think this is a bug, but I saw on the list that this is intentional
because of compatibility. However, it's still a bug, even if it's
intentional, or if it's kept for historical reasons.

Right now it looks like it's impossible at all to display both - only by
hacking my own AbstractLink (since all other link controls will use it) :(.

Any plans to fix it? Or should I open an issue for it?

thanks,
Joseph.

Re: Link controls can't render both text and icon/image :(

Posted by "Adrian A." <a....@gmail.com>.
> We have had this request before. While I don't think we should change
> the default rendering behaviour, we could look at adding an option to
> render the text as well as the icon.
Should I also submit a patch to update the click-examples LinkDemo page
to illustrate more usages of the Link controls?

A.

Re: Link controls can't render both text and icon/image :(

Posted by Malcolm Edgar <ma...@gmail.com>.
We have had this request before. While I don't think we should change
the default rendering behaviour, we could look at adding an option to
render the text as well as the icon.

regards Malcolm Edgar