Posted to oak-dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by Davide Giannella <da...@apache.org> on 2015/08/07 11:34:13 UTC

jenkins job for oak-doc

Hello Team,

with Tommaso we gave a quick test about having a jenkins job that

- trigger on commit in oak-doc
- run
    - svn up/co
    - mvn site -Pdoc
    - mvn site-deploy -Pdoc

https://builds.apache.org/job/Apache%20Jackrabbit%20Oak%20Documentation/

we currently struggled with the following points:

Seems it's not possible to intercept only commits of oak-doc in terms of
triggers. Probably we need a custom script.

We cannot checkout only oak-doc as it will miss oak-parent/pom.xml when
building.

We most probably need to specify some credentials for the site-deploy
phase. Can we have a service user in case?

@Tommaso add anything I may be missing

@Micheal D: can you give rights in jenkins for creating/modifying jobs

Cheers
davide

Re: jenkins job for oak-doc

Posted by Davide Giannella <da...@apache.org>.
On 07/08/2015 11:36, Robert Munteanu wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 7, 2015 at 12:34 PM, Davide Giannella <da...@apache.org> wrote:
>> Seems it's not possible to intercept only commits of oak-doc in terms of
>> triggers. Probably we need a custom script.
> This should be possible if you're using an SVN checkout instead of
> Git, but I never got the settings right ...

There was a mix of things. If we went for SVN it was not possible to
trigger on commit. Only time schedule. We were though able to specify
only oak-doc as project.

If we went for git we were able to say "push" but only on reactor.

probably quoting you

> but I never got the settings right ...

:)

Davide

Re: jenkins job for oak-doc

Posted by Robert Munteanu <ro...@apache.org>.
On Fri, Aug 7, 2015 at 12:34 PM, Davide Giannella <da...@apache.org> wrote:

> Seems it's not possible to intercept only commits of oak-doc in terms of
> triggers. Probably we need a custom script.

This should be possible if you're using an SVN checkout instead of
Git, but I never got the settings right ...

Robert

Re: jenkins job for oak-doc

Posted by Michael Dürig <md...@apache.org>.

On 7.8.15 11:34 , Davide Giannella wrote:
> @Micheal D: can you give rights in jenkins for creating/modifying jobs

Done.

Michael