Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Stephen Cameron <st...@gmail.com> on 2012/12/06 07:50:22 UTC

XForms

Thanks to those that responded to my email about XForms in AOO/Apache.

The fact the code hasn't been touched for a very long time indicates
something about user interest in this technology I suggest, so perhaps some
'market research' is in order, as to whether this is in fact something that
is wanted for AOO (vs spreadsheets and a relational database).

I think I'll try to start a discussion within a W3C forum (
http://www.w3.org/community/xformsusers/) about the sense of an Apache
Licence implementation of XForms 2.0, this should consider the possibility
that XForms has become something of historical interest (for sociological
and/or technological reasons).

Hopefully I'll come back on this in the new year.

Regards
Steve Cameron