Posted to ivy-user@ant.apache.org by Michael Laccetti <mi...@s2g.ca> on 2008/05/05 18:51:32 UTC

Exclusions not being excluded

This is magic, since the exclusions were working fine on Friday, and the Ivy
library hasn't changed.  I'm at a serious loss here.

The important part:
<dependency org="org.springframework" name="spring-web" rev="2.5.4">
	<exclude org="javax.faces" />
	<exclude org="struts" />
	<exclude org="org.apache.axis" />
</dependency>

And yet, when I run ant, I see the following:
[ivy:resolve]   found org.springframework#spring-web;2.5.4 in ibiblio
[ivy:resolve]   found javax.faces#jsf-api;1.1 in ibiblio
[ivy:resolve]   found commons-beanutils#commons-beanutils;1.7.0 in jboss
[ivy:resolve]   found commons-fileupload#commons-fileupload;1.2 in jboss
[ivy:resolve]   found commons-httpclient#commons-httpclient;3.1 in ibiblio
[ivy:resolve]   found commons-codec#commons-codec;1.2 in jboss
[ivy:resolve]   found org.apache.axis#axis;1.4 in ibiblio
[ivy:resolve]   found struts#struts;1.2.9 in ibiblio

Why would this suddenly change functionality?  Did I have too much coffee?
Not enough?  The ivy.xml file in its full glory can be found here:
http://papernapkin.org/pastebin/view/747/

Mike

-----
--
Michael Laccetti                                 (416)558-9718
S2G Limited                                       http://www.s2g.ca/

Re: Exclusions not being excluded

Posted by oakridge <ce...@yahoo.com>.
bug report filed:

Re: Exclusions not being excluded

Posted by Xavier Hanin <xa...@gmail.com>.
I haven't had time to investigate more so far, but since you are several to
have troubles with transitive dependency exclusion, I think you can raise an
issue in JIRA.

Xavier

http://xhab.blogspot.com/
http://ant.apache.org/ivy/
http://www.xoocode.org/

Re: Exclusions not being excluded

Posted by Michael Laccetti <mi...@s2g.ca>.

Posted by _deco_ <pa...@gmail.com>.

oakridge wrote:

> Michael, I am having the same issue using Ivy 2 Beta 2.  Did you have any
> luck solving the problem?
>
> Thanks,
> Julian

The problem that i'm having is pretty similar... The exclude only works for
modules, not for organizations. Maybe as a newbie in Ivy, I'm writing the
org name wrong (Although I checked during ivy:retrieve) .

Here is part of my ivy.xml:

<dependency org="org.springframework" name="spring" rev="2.5.4">
			<exclude module="jfreechart"/>
			<exclude module="struts"/>
			<exclude org="aspectj"/>
			<exclude org="javax"/>
			<exclude org="tomcat"/>
			<exclude org="velocity"/>
			<exclude org="opensymphony"/>
			<exclude org="oro"/>
</dependency>

In the output from ivy:retrieve I don't find any jfreechart or struts, but
tomcat, velocity, etc are found.

thanks

Re: Exclusions not being excluded

Posted by Michael Laccetti <mi...@s2g.ca>.
I compiled a pre-rc1 library last week (to gain access to the override tags),
and have been using the same library.  I threw it up on a webserver to make
life easier; the Ant build script pulls it down from there:

<get src="http://www.codeogre.com/dist/ivy-2.0.0.rc1.jar"
dest="${ivy.jar.file}" usetimestamp="true"/>

-----

Posted by Xavier Hanin <xa...@gmail.com>.

http://xhab.blogspot.com/
http://ant.apache.org/ivy/