Posted to dev@reef.apache.org by Mario Inchiosa <ma...@microsoft.com> on 2016/09/01 23:15:43 UTC

Bump Newtonsoft dependency

REEF.NET currently depends on Newtonsoft.Json 8.0.3, which is not .NET Core compliant. Shall we add a Jira to update to Newtonsoft.Json 9.0.1, which *is* .NET Core compliant?

Cheers,
Mario

Re: Bump Newtonsoft dependency

Posted by Markus Weimer <ma...@weimo.de>.
On Fri, Sep 23, 2016 at 10:36 AM, Markus Weimer <ma...@weimo.de> wrote:
> I filled an INFRA ticket for help:

That issue is resolved. The user mailing list is now moderator-free.

Markus

Re: Bump Newtonsoft dependency

Posted by Markus Weimer <ma...@weimo.de>.

Posted by Markus Weimer <ma...@weimo.de>.
On 2016-09-22 11:23 AM, Mario Inchiosa wrote:
> I requested to join the "user" email list. Waiting > 1 day so far
> for moderator to accept the request.

yeah, that is my bad. Somehow the user list requires moderator approval,
which it really shouldn't. I'll figure out why that is.

Meanwhile, move forward with the mail to dev@ such that we can drive
this to a conclusion :)

Markus

Re: Bump Newtonsoft dependency

Posted by Mario Inchiosa <mi...@gmail.com>.
I requested to join the "user" email list. Waiting > 1 day so far for
moderator to accept the request. I'm trying to join so I can let users know
about the planned upgrade to Newtonsoft JSON 9.0.1.

Posted by Markus Weimer <ma...@weimo.de>.

Posted by Mario Inchiosa <mi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Markus Weimer <ma...@weimo.de>.
On 2016-09-19 3:10 PM, Mario Inchiosa wrote:
> Should we post this message on the user email list? If so, should I
> do it, or should a committer?

Feel free to do it.

> Also, should I create a PR at this time?

Yes, go ahead. That triggers builds and all, so we are ready to merge
when nobody raises concerns.

Markus

Re: Bump Newtonsoft dependency

Posted by Mario Inchiosa <mi...@gmail.com>.
I have updated to Newtonsoft Json.NET version 9.0.1 and tested locally. I
have pushed the change to https://github.com/inchiosa/reef/tree/reef-1567
I have also composed the following message:

*We're planning to upgrade REEF to use Newtonsoft.Json version 9.0.1.*

*The suggested change is in branch
https://github.com/inchiosa/reef/tree/reef-1567
<https://github.com/inchiosa/reef/tree/reef-1567>*

*If you're concerned that this change might affect your use of REEF,
please test it and let us know if you encounter any issues.*

Should we post this message on the user email list? If so, should I do it,
or should a committer?
Also, should I create a PR at this time?

Cheers, Mario

Posted by Markus Weimer <ma...@weimo.de>.

Posted by Mario Inchiosa <mi...@gmail.com>.
I haven't heard objections, so I will create a Jira for updating Newtonsoft
Json.NET to version 9.0.1, targeted for inclusion in our 0.16 release.

<https://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/reef-dev/201603.mbox/%3CBL2PR03MB290BDD7F10D476CE5E6A4E4D2B50@BL2PR03MB290.namprd03.prod.outlook.com%3E>
went
out to alert folks. We could do something similar again this time.

-Mario

Posted by Markus Weimer <ma...@weimo.de>.

Posted by Mariia Mykhailova <ma...@microsoft.com>.

Posted by Mario Inchiosa <mi...@gmail.com>.