Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Marc Girod <ma...@gmail.com> on 2012/07/13 16:34:01 UTC

How can I debug nexus?

Hi,

I debugged a problem from the client side of maven, using mvnDebug and jdb
-attach 8000.
Now, I'd like to do the same from the nexus server side.
I cloned the nexus.git repo, and checkedout the nexus-2.0.4 tag.
I expect I ought to start nexus under jdb using an alternative port...

The issue I am after is finding out whether nexus could not do better than
returning an 'http 400 Bad request' response to the put request from maven
deploy, when this one is told to deploy an existing artifact.

I.e. I do:

mvn deploy:deploy-file
-Durl=http://eselivm2v214l.lmera.ericsson.se:8081/nexus/content/repositories/releases/
-DrepositoryId=releases -Dpackaging=pom -DgroupId=com.ericsson.test
-DartifactId=foo-1.0.0.pom -Dversion=1.0.0 -Dfile=/home/emagiro/tmp/foo.txt

...and get success, then do it again and get: 400, ReasonPhrase:Bad Request.
I clean away the storage, and it works fine again. Once.
My goal would be to build up my own competence by submitting a patch to
enhance this error report.

Thanks,
Marc

Re: How can I debug nexus?

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
> ...and get success, then do it again and get: 400, ReasonPhrase:Bad Request.
> I clean away the storage, and it works fine again. Once.
> My goal would be to build up my own competence by submitting a patch to
> enhance this error report.

Sounds like a good improvement to Nexus.

Nexus is produced by Sonatype, as such, you would need to ask them how
to debug their product.
http://www.sonatype.org/nexus/participate

Wayne