Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Brian Leach <br...@leach.com> on 2000/08/25 18:22:34 UTC

Forcing a recompile?

I have a JSP page which includes another file (prefs) containing code.
My application changes the prefs file, but I can't figure out how
to programatically let Tomcat know that the file needs to be regenerated.

The result is when I reload or revisit the JSP page, I get the
same page as was loaded before.

I've tried messing with the cache-control variables with no success.
I need to somehow let Tomcat know the JSP file is different, even
though it's an included file that has changed.

Is there a way to do this?

---
Brian Leach
brian@leach.com

RE: Forcing a recompile?

Posted by Brian Leach <br...@leach.com>.
I can't use jsp:include, because the include file contains code,
and the page has already been translated into a servlet by request
time.

Re: Forcing a recompile?

Posted by Todd Lipcon <tl...@mercea.net>.