Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by st...@citizensbank.ca on 2001/03/14 22:54:04 UTC

Documentation and code samples for org.apache.soap.util.xml.QName and org.apache.soap.Header

I am new to SOAP and am hoping that someone can take a moment to provide me with
some insight or perhaps point me to a good information resource.

I am trying to set a SOAP header using Call.setHeader().  In order to do this I
need a Header object; however, the documentation for Header and QName classes is
not helpful.

I assume that to put my sessionID (shown in my example below) into the header, I
need to use Header.setAttribute (or is it setHeaderEntries?).  To use
setAttribute I need a QName object but I don't clearly understand what
namespaceURI and localPart (in constructor of QName) are.

If you could answer these questions with my sample below in mind, it would be
just great or if you could point me to any good resource that would be great
too.

My example:

<SOAP-ENV:Header>
    <c:sessionID xmlns:c="http://www.somesite.com/namespace/connect">