Posted to dev@corinthia.apache.org by jan i <ja...@apache.org> on 2015/08/13 21:29:00 UTC

Release 0.1 candidate

Hi.

We are now so close, that I have made a release candidate.

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/corinthia/incubator-corinthia_release_0.1.zip

and the signature:

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/corinthia/incubator-corinthia_release_0.1.zip.asc

If Justin has more changes, I will update these 2 files, otherwise please
try them out and make comments before we start the actual vote.

I recommend, we concentrate on the technical issues and leave the
LICENSE/NOTICE issues to the IPMC (which is why Justin has been checking
the source zip a number of times).

When we start the vote, intention is to let it run for 7 calendar days. A
release vote cannot be vetoed, but need at least 3 PPMC +1, and of course
any -1 should be discussed.

rgds
jan i

Re: Release 0.1 candidate

Posted by Peter Kelly <pm...@apache.org>.
> On 14 Aug 2015, at 3:11 am, jan i <ja...@apache.org> wrote:
>

>> I’m also wondering about the licensing situation regarding the ODF and
>> OOXML schema files in the schemas directory. I can’t remember off hand
>> where these originally came from, but I’m pretty sure they were from the
>> official websites of the respective specifications, as an
>> appendix/attachment. They are not needed for building the code, and don’t
>> need to be included as part of the distribution (though I see no harm in
>> doing so if there are no licensing problems).
>
> They are needed though for the tests?

No. They are only used to generate the macros and identifier-name mapping arrays in DocFormats/core/src/names/.

There’s a script there to generate these files, but it’s not used as part of the build process - we store the generated files in the repository.

—
Dr Peter M. Kelly
pmkelly@apache.org

Re: Release 0.1 candidate

Posted by jan i <ja...@apache.org>.
On Thursday, August 13, 2015, Peter Kelly <pm...@apache.org> wrote:

> I get the following error when running CMake:
>
> CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:64 (add_subdirectory):
>   add_subdirectory given source "consumers/dfutil/src" which is not an
>   existing directory.
>

> CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:69 (add_subdirectory):
>   add_subdirectory given source "experiments/flat/src" which is not an
>   existing directory.

The two lines referencing these directories should be removed from
> CMakeLists.txt

I will get them removed, wonder why my vm does not complain.

> I’m also wondering about the licensing situation regarding the ODF and
> OOXML schema files in the schemas directory. I can’t remember off hand
> where these originally came from, but I’m pretty sure they were from the
> official websites of the respective specifications, as an
> appendix/attachment. They are not needed for building the code, and don’t
> need to be included as part of the distribution (though I see no harm in
> doing so if there are no licensing problems).

They are needed though for the tests?

I remember the licence being bsd like but I will check it, worst case would
be to wrie similar files.

rgds
jan i

Re: Release 0.1 candidate

Posted by Peter Kelly <pm...@apache.org>.
The ODF schema is taken from here:

http://docs.oasis-open.org/office/v1.2/os/OpenDocument-v1.2-os-schema.rng

(linked to from https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/tc_home.php?wg_abbrev=office#technical under the title "Open Document Format v1.2, Relax NG Schema”)

I did a compare using diff to verify they’re the same - they show up as difference but it’s whitespace only (diff -w shows no differences).

There’s a license on page 4 of http://docs.oasis-open.org/office/v1.2/OpenDocument-v1.2-part1.pdf, which I would assume applies to the .rng file.

The OOXML RelaxNG files are, I believe, originally retrieved from here:

http://www.ecma-international.org/news/TC45_current_work/TC45_available_docs.htm

However the files in the repository are in the XML-based dialect of RelaxNG, not the compact syntax used above. I converted the original files to the XML-based format using trang (http://www.thaiopensource.com/relaxng/trang.html) so I could more easily process them.

—
Dr Peter M. Kelly
pmkelly@apache.org

Re: Release 0.1 candidate

Posted by Peter Kelly <pm...@apache.org>.

Re: Release 0.1 candidate

Posted by jan i <ja...@apache.org>.
Thanks I think we all forgot the test css  files, I will get headers added
tomorrow.

rgds
jan i

Re: Release 0.1 candidate