Posted to dev@nifi.apache.org by Corey Fritz <co...@snag.co> on 2018/07/07 03:45:24 UTC

First Timer

We piloted a project with NiFi here at Snag over the past year and are
starting to promote wider adoption. There are a couple of minor
enhancements we'd like to add wrt the Kafka processors. I entered a ticket
for one (NIFI-5388) and there was already a ticket for the other
(NIFI-5083). I'm planning to tackle both of these, just wondering who I
should submit PRs to when I'm ready. Also curious on the timeframe for the
next release (1.8.0), including the deadline for code to be merged.

*Corey Fritz | Principal Engineer*
corey.fritz@snag.co
*office* | 866.227.0466

The information in this communication is intended to be confidential to the individual(s) and/or Entity to whom it is addressed. It may contain information of a Privileged and/or Confidential nature, which is subject to Federal and/or State privacy regulations. In the event that you are not the intended recipient or the agent of the intended recipient, do not copy or use the information contained within this communication, or allow it to be read, copied or utilized in any manner, by any other person(s). Should this communication be received in error, please notify the sender immediately either by response e-mail or by phone, and permanently delete the original e-mail, attachment(s), and any copies. Any consent must be separately and expressly obtained in writing from an authorized representative of Snagajob, Inc. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, except where the message states otherwise. Please be aware that we monitor all e-mail communication,
 access and data transfers through our networks.

Re: First Timer

Posted by Aldrin Piri <al...@gmail.com>.
Hi Corey,

Glad that you are interested in contributing to NiFi.  If you open up PRs
against the main Github repository (https://github.com/apache/nifi/pulls)
that should be sufficient.

In terms of 1.8.0, there is not a specific timeline as to when that release
will be conducted.  Historically, that has been roughly approximately every
three months.  A member of the community did some number crunching on that
here
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/34fb5d1956a09ef57332fe059fbf34cf8b451f08b2d06fdf0b002aba@%3Cdev.nifi.apache.org%3E.
The linked thread also highlights some of the high level motions of the
release process.

Please let us know if you have any additional questions.

As a side note, and part of the reason for the lack of responsiveness, it
appears Gmail (at least) flagged this message as spam because it could not
verify it coming from your listed domain.