Posted to user@ode.apache.org by Raphael Parree <rp...@gmail.com> on 2008/07/24 09:53:40 UTC

Using element type variable in receive/reply

Hi,

I am getting an error "Cannot use non-message variable "memberRegistration"
in this context (message variable is required)". I believe however that i am
using an element variable correctly. The WS-BPEL spec states:
"If the WSDL operation uses a message containing exactly one part which
itself is defined using an element, then a WS-BPEL variable of the same
element type as used to define the part MAY be referenced by the
variableattribute of the
<receive> or <reply> activity." (see
http://docs.oasis-open.org/wsbpel/2.0/OS/wsbpel-v2.0-OS.html#SA00058_table).

My messages contain one part (ref element) and my variables are of the same
element type. So i believe it should work.

In this thread: http://markmail.org/message/uyl5ggxeyzol7ylp i see a reply
that reads "..These activities all need a variable with messageType".

Am i misinterpreting the spec or does ODE not support this (I am using ODE
1.2 )?

Tx.,

Raphael

Re: Using element type variable in receive/reply

Posted by Raphael Parree <rp...@gmail.com>.
Matthieu,

<shame>..sorry should have looked there first ;)

Thanks for your response!

Raphael

--
Raphael Parree
CTO

Trivera Technologies Global J2EE Education, Mentoring, Courseware &
Consulting Services
phone:+31 152600 448
phone +33 683 468663
Disclaimer...
"The information contained in this message may be confidential and is
intended to be exclusively for the addressee. Sender's written permission is
needed prior to forwarding or otherwise using the content of the message,
whether completely or partially. Should you receive this message
unintentionally, please do not use the contents herein and notify the sender
immediately by return e-mail. Please rely on your own virus checking, no
responsibility is taken by the sender for any damage rising out of any bug
or virus infection."

Re: Using element type variable in receive/reply

Posted by Matthieu Riou <ma...@offthelip.org>.