Posted to batik-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by meteor <mi...@iiitb.ac.in> on 2007/08/03 11:35:26 UTC

BATIK for creating maps

Hi friends,
as compared to u guys i can call myslef noting but an 'amateur' when it
comes to using BATIK. I was introduced to this wonderful java tool-kit by a
site and want to use it to realize an navigation application that i am
developing. I have the following querries regarding the development using
BATIK and hope to get replies for some if not all querries:
--> Can i create geographic maps using SVG
--> Is it possible to create such geographic maps with the help of GML data
--> Can i use Batik on a handheld device which runs on the CDC configuration
of J2ME(personal profile).It uses the jre 1.4 (this is FYI).

I hope will get some replies ASAP.

Thanx in advance
meteor