Posted to user@struts.apache.org by peter <pe...@btinternet.com> on 2001/09/07 00:31:24 UTC

still having a problem with MessageResources.properties

Hi again

I'm having a real nightmare still with creating the most basic of struts
applications.  I always get the same problem:

Error: 500
Location: /struts-blank/index.jsp
Internal Servlet Error:

javax.servlet.ServletException: Missing message for key index.title
 at
l.java:459)

The struts-blank application works fine, but when I make changes I always
get the above error.  Does anyone know why this is?  Am I missing a
fundamental point here with regards to struts?  I've read the struts user
guide, which I think is very well explained, but I'm totally at a loss with
this problem I am having.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Peter

Re: still having a problem with MessageResources.properties

Posted by Leo Amigood <le...@mosbusiness.ru>.
Hi!

I've just started to work with struts and passed all these nightmares to
realize how and why.

So let's explain step by step.
u r getting "javax.servlet.ServletException: Missing message for key
index.title" cause u gotta put line like that "index.title=You own
description here"
in file ApplicationResources.properties or whatever you put into your
web.xml:

<init-param>
  <param-name>application</param-name>
  <param-value>your.stuff.here.ApplicationResources</param-value>
  </init-param>

why? it's a different story. check out docs.

c ya, Amig0