Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Nils Kaiser <Ni...@gmx.de> on 2006/05/21 18:13:34 UTC

Profiler accuracy

Hello,

I am using the cocoon profiler to debug my pipelines. I found the
results to be very inaccurate, especially when I use transformers that
rely on DOM documents (I use dom4j documents but the functionality is
very similar to the AbstractDOMTransformer from cocoon).

These components often show very short processing times, which are
wrong, as time measures within the transformer show. The total time is
about 30% greater than the cummulated durations of the various pipeline
steps.

Maybe this has something to do with the buffering behavior of DOM based
transformers.

Is there any way to improve the accuracy of the profiler?

BTW, can I somehow tell the profiler to show the whole URI instead of
the current sitemap uri. Especially when using flow I have different
sitemaps, but all use the same pipeline name. So there is no way to see
which sitemap processed the pipeline because the profiler does only show
the local sitemap URI. Any ideas?

Thx,

Nils Kaiser