Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by Michal Mocny <mm...@google.com> on 2013/09/16 23:10:01 UTC

Rumour mill: is apache-github integration going to improve?

I heard somewhere, can't remember from who, that its possible apache repos
in the future will be hosted directly on github (or maybe just that
mirroring will happen without noticeable delay and in both directions?),
and so we can move to actually accepting pull requests from github.

Is that true?  Is that potentially happening?

I ask because that may impact our decision to jump onto the
reviews.apache.org bandwagon.  I'd say its not worth learning to use if the
timeline for github is short (though that seems unlikely).

-Michal

Re: Rumour mill: is apache-github integration going to improve?

Posted by Joe Bowser <bo...@gmail.com>.
Based on what I know about The Apache Way, direct hosting on GitHub
will never happen.  "BTW, Whenever there is something that I don't
like about the way we have to do things, I blame the Apache Way for
it."

I would love if there was better mirroring for pull requests from
GitHub.  That being said, I have no problem downloading patches and
running git am on them, since I like that workflow a bit better since
it shows who vetted the commit.

Posted by Carlos Santana <cs...@gmail.com>.
some noob questions

Just doing a "Watch" repository doesn't send emails when a new pull request
or issues is created on a repo?
Watching a repo on github doesn't give the level of notification or
granularity you committers want?

What a about members of "github/apache"? I don't see any public members.
Are the Cordova committers members of the github "apache" org for the
cordova repos?

--Carlos

--
Carlos Santana
<cs...@gmail.com>

Re: Rumour mill: is apache-github integration going to improve?

Posted by Ian Clelland <ic...@chromium.org>.