Posted to dev@openjpa.apache.org by Craig L Russell <Cr...@Sun.COM> on 2007/05/23 00:09:39 UTC

Ready to move OpenJPA svn repository?

I think we're about ready to move the repository from https://
svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/openjpa/ to https://svn.apache.org/
repos/asf/openjpa/

If you have changes in your local repository that you want to
preserve, you will need to do an svn switch to change your local repo
to the new location.

Any objections to making the switch? Any last minute changes you want
to commit?

Craig

Craig Russell
408 276-5638 mailto:Craig.Russell@sun.com
P.S. A good JDO? O, Gasp!

Re: Ready to move OpenJPA svn repository?

Posted by Garrett Rooney <ro...@electricjellyfish.net>.
On 5/22/07, Craig L Russell <Cr...@sun.com> wrote:
> Ok, I tried to move the repo but I don't have enough powers yet to do
> it. I've asked infrastructure to do it but it might take a bit of
> time for them to get to it.
>
> When it does get moved, you will discover upon trying to svn update
> or svn commit. When the move takes place, you should "simply" switch
> your workspace.
>
> I haven't verified this, but you should be able to do this:
>
> cd <directory above openjpa>
> svn switch --relocate openjpa https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/openjpa/

Drop the --relocate, it's not needed, and while I haven't thought
through all the implications it can only break stuff ;-)

-garrett

Re: Ready to move OpenJPA svn repository?

Posted by Craig L Russell <Cr...@Sun.COM>.
Worked for me.

Craig

Posted by Marc Prud'hommeaux <mp...@apache.org>.

Posted by Craig L Russell <Cr...@Sun.COM>.

Posted by Marc Prud'hommeaux <mp...@apache.org>.
I've gone ahead and renamed the versions in the pom.xml files from
"0.9.8-incubating-SNAPSHOT" to "0.9.8-SNAPSHOT" and built and
deployed a snapshot:

   http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository/org/apache/
openjpa/apache-openjpa/0.9.8-SNAPSHOT/apache-openjpa-0.9.8-SNAPSHOT-
binary.zip

It looks good to me so far.

I've also changed all the references I could find to the old
incubator svn repository on the wiki.

Posted by Joe Schaefer <jo...@sunstarsys.com>.
Craig L Russell <Cr...@Sun.COM> writes:

> Ok, I tried to move the repo but I don't have enough powers yet to do it. I've
> asked infrastructure to do it but it might take a bit of  time for them to get
> to it.

Done.

[...]

Posted by Craig L Russell <Cr...@Sun.COM>.
Ok, I tried to move the repo but I don't have enough powers yet to do
it. I've asked infrastructure to do it but it might take a bit of
time for them to get to it.

When it does get moved, you will discover upon trying to svn update
or svn commit. When the move takes place, you should "simply" switch
your workspace.

I haven't verified this, but you should be able to do this:

cd <directory above openjpa>
svn switch --relocate openjpa https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/openjpa/

What this is supposed to do is to replace all occurrences of https://
svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/openjpa  with https://
svn.apache.org/repos/asf/openjpa in your .svn metadta files.

Craig

Posted by Kevin Sutter <kw...@gmail.com>.
Agree.

Posted by Marc Prud'hommeaux <mp...@apache.org>.