Posted to dev@activemq.apache.org by rmh1 <ro...@gmail.com> on 2008/10/01 13:20:34 UTC

Adding the JNDI.properties file to an enterprise application

Hi All,

I am trying to create a simple application (as an .ear) - the application
has a MDB that listens to a queue, when a message comes in, it looks in a
response folder and writes a message to a response queue.

I am deploying on Websphere App Server, and have set up the ActiveMQ config
linking the queues with WAS. I write a message to my input queue, i can see
from teh logs that it is picked up by the MDB, identified and a response
message is found and it then tries to write the message to the response
queue but it fails.

I know the queue and its config is working fine as i can use the same queue
for other apps - so my thought is, although i have added my JNDI properties
to WAS (hence the inbound queue/listener operations work) do I also need to
add my jndi.properties to my .EAR file also?

If this is the case, how can I do this? I have read that sometimes it is
possible to make a .jar of the file and include that... is it possible to
create a .jar from just a properties file?

Thanks!

Re: Adding the JNDI.properties file to an enterprise application

Posted by rmh1 <ro...@gmail.com>.
Thanks James, thats a great help - I have checked the link, and that looks
like it might be the missing part of the puzzle!

Unfortunately the link doesnt have any outlines for deploying the Resource
Adapter wo Websphere app server - does anyone have any idea how to do this?

Thanks again

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
BTW WebSphere community edition already comes with ActiveMQ in which
case you won't need the RAR :)

--
James
-------

Open Source Integration
http://open.iona.com

Re: Adding the JNDI.properties file to an enterprise application

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.

2008/10/1 rmh1 <ro...@gmail.com>:

> Hi All,
>
> I am trying to create a simple application (as an .ear) - the application
> has a MDB that listens to a queue, when a message comes in, it looks in a
> response folder and writes a message to a response queue.
>

> I am deploying on Websphere App Server, and have set up the ActiveMQ config
> linking the queues with WAS. I write a message to my input queue, i can see
> from teh logs that it is picked up by the MDB, identified and a response
> message is found and it then tries to write the message to the response
> queue but it fails.
>
> I know the queue and its config is working fine as i can use the same queue
> for other apps - so my thought is, although i have added my JNDI properties
> to WAS (hence the inbound queue/listener operations work) do I also need to
> add my jndi.properties to my .EAR file also?
>

> If this is the case, how can I do this? I have read that sometimes it is
> possible to make a .jar of the file and include that... is it possible to
> create a .jar from just a properties file?
>
> Thanks!

James
-------
http://macstrac.blogspot.com/