Posted to dev@velocity.apache.org by Will Glass-Husain <wg...@gmail.com> on 2007/04/22 18:00:16 UTC

[VOTE] release Anakia 1.0 and Texen 1.0

Hi,

This is a linked vote to release both Texen 1.0 and Anakia 1.0.  These are
branches from the engine, with new package designations org.apache.texen and
org.apache.anakia.  We are breaking these out to separate the issue tracking
and release cycles, and to encourage involvement from community members who
are interesting in using those tools but not the entire Velocity package.

I'd like to be more specific on criteria:  Please only vote +1 if you have
actually downloaded and tested the release candidate.  If you are generally
positive but are not able to test the release candidate, feel free to vote
+0.

The release candidates (compiled with JDK 1.4.2, tested on JDK 1.5 and JDK
1.6) are available from:

http://people.apache.org/~wglass/anakia/candidate-1.0/
http://people.apache.org/~wglass/texen/candidate-1.0/

Vote:

[ ] +1 Yes, release both Anakia 1.0 and Texen 1.0.  I have personally
checked the release.
[ ] +0 Yes, release both Anakia 1.0 and Texen 1.0.
[ ] 0 I'm neutral.
[ ] -1 Do not release because ____________________________

The vote will be open for 72 hours until Wednesday 9AM US Pacific time,
though I'll keep it open until next weekend if we don't get 3 PMC +1 votes.

My vote is +1.

Thanks,

WILL

--
Forio Business Simulations

Will Glass-Husain
wglass@forio.com
www.forio.com

Re: [VOTE] release Anakia 1.0 and Texen 1.0

Posted by Will Glass-Husain <wg...@gmail.com>.
Thanks.

Vote passed with 4 +1's, no 0's, and no -1's.

WILL

Posted by Jonathan Revusky <re...@wanadoo.es>.
Will Glass-Husain wrote:

> Hi,
>
> This is a linked vote to release both Texen 1.0 and Anakia 1.0.  These are
> branches from the engine, with new package designations org.apache.texen
> and
> org.apache.anakia.  We are breaking these out to separate the issue
> tracking
> and release cycles, and to encourage involvement from community members who
> are interesting in using those tools but not the entire Velocity package.

Anakia??? Texen??? (What is Texen again???)

Aren't those things completely abandoned? I mean, I thought that DVSL
was supposed to supersede Anakia technically, i.e. people were supposed
to use that. Of course, DVSL itself is now abandoned as well, like for 5
years or so.

What is this? What are you guys doing? Isn't this necrophiliac behavior
a bit too blatant even for you guys?

It's like you believe that by gathering around some old bones, and
chanting some voodoo incantations (release cycle, issue tracking, blah
blah) that the bones will rise up, flesh will grow upon them, and they
will once again walk among the living. Even if this were possible,
should the dead be disturbed from their justly earned repose?

The above is rhetorical, I guess, but here is a question I would like an
answer to for the record: Are you really truly encouraging people to use
these things?

Jonathan Revusky
--
"The problem with wikipedia is that it only works in practice. In
theory, it could never work."

Posted by Nathan Bubna <nb...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Will Glass-Husain <wg...@gmail.com>.
It's definitely a macro bug, as far as I am concerned.  We shouldn't see
different behavior when the template is run twice.  There's a JIRA issue
about it somewhere.  It's related to the whole mess about macros not being
able to be defined in included templates.  (or rather, it sometimes works
and sometimes doesn't).

Posted by Nathan Bubna <nb...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Claude Brisson <cl...@renegat.net>.

Posted by Will Glass-Husain <wg...@gmail.com>.
Hi Claude,

Posted by Claude Brisson <cl...@renegat.net>.
Hi,

I successfully ran the tests on both projects, but for anakia I got
rather strange messages (although the tests do pass): first some macros
are rejected (just because the template where they are defined is loaded
again, this is a common warning - but still one I consider buggy), then
some references are left unresolved.

   [anakia] ATTENTION: Velocimacro : VM addition rejected : makeProject : inline not allowed to replace existing VM
   [anakia] 23 avr. 2007 23:08:52 org.apache.velocity.runtime.log.JdkLogChute log
   [anakia] ATTENTION: Failed to add macro: #makeProject(  ) : source = ./site_contexts.vsl
   [anakia] 23 avr. 2007 23:08:52 org.apache.velocity.runtime.log.JdkLogChute log
   [anakia] ATTENTION: Velocimacro : VM addition rejected : image : inline not allowed to replace existing VM
   [anakia] 23 avr. 2007 23:08:52 org.apache.velocity.runtime.log.JdkLogChute log
   [anakia] ATTENTION: Failed to add macro: #image(  value ) : source = ./site_contexts.vsl
   [anakia] 23 avr. 2007 23:08:52 org.apache.velocity.runtime.log.JdkLogChute log
   [anakia] ATTENTION: Velocimacro : VM addition rejected : projectanchor : inline not allowed to replace existing VM
   [anakia] 23 avr. 2007 23:08:52 org.apache.velocity.runtime.log.JdkLogChute log
   [anakia] ATTENTION: Failed to add macro: #projectanchor(  name value ) : source = ./site_contexts.vsl
   [anakia] 23 avr. 2007 23:08:52 org.apache.velocity.runtime.log.JdkLogChute log
   [anakia] ATTENTION: Velocimacro : VM addition rejected : metaauthor : inline not allowed to replace existing VM
   [anakia] 23 avr. 2007 23:08:52 org.apache.velocity.runtime.log.JdkLogChute log
   [anakia] ATTENTION: Failed to add macro: #metaauthor(  author email ) : source = ./site_contexts.vsl
   [anakia] 23 avr. 2007 23:08:52 org.apache.velocity.runtime.log.JdkLogChute log
   [anakia] ATTENTION: Velocimacro : VM addition rejected : document : inline not allowed to replace existing VM
   [anakia] 23 avr. 2007 23:08:52 org.apache.velocity.runtime.log.JdkLogChute log
   [anakia] ATTENTION: Failed to add macro: #document(  ) : source = ./site_contexts.vsl
   [anakia] 23 avr. 2007 23:08:52 org.apache.velocity.runtime.log.JdkLogChute log
   [anakia] INFO: Null reference [template './site_contexts.vsl', line 1, column 40] : $au.getText() cannot be resolved.
   [anakia] 23 avr. 2007 23:08:52 org.apache.velocity.runtime.log.JdkLogChute log
   [anakia] INFO: Null reference [template './site_contexts.vsl', line 2, column 39] : $em.getValue() cannot be resolved.
   [anakia] 23 avr. 2007 23:08:52 org.apache.velocity.runtime.log.JdkLogChute log
   [anakia] GRAVE: Introspection Error : Ambiguous method invocation applyTo(java.lang.String, null) for class class org.apache.anakia.XPathTool
   [anakia] 23 avr. 2007 23:08:52 org.apache.velocity.runtime.log.JdkLogChute log
   [anakia] INFO: RHS of #set statement is null. Context will not be modified. ./site_contexts.vsl [line 12, column 5]
   [anakia] Output: /home/claude/projects/velocity/anakia/bin/test/anakia/index.html
   [anakia] Transforming into: /home/claude/projects/velocity/anakia/bin/test/anakia
[...]
   [anakia] 23 avr. 2007 23:08:53 org.apache.velocity.runtime.log.JdkLogChute log

Posted by "Henning P. Schmiedehausen" <hp...@intermeta.de>.
"Will Glass-Husain" <wg...@gmail.com> writes:

>[X] +1 Yes, release both Anakia 1.0 and Texen 1.0.

	Best regards
		Henning

--
Henning P. Schmiedehausen  -- hps@intermeta.de | J2EE, Linux,               |gls
91054 Buckenhof, Germany   -- +49 9131 506540  | Apache person              |eau
                                                                            |m k
INTERMETA - Gesellschaft fuer Mehrwertdienste mbH - RG Fuerth, HRB 7350     |a s
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Buckenhof. Geschaeftsfuehrer: Henning Schmiedehausen |n

	       "Save the cheerleader. Save the world."