Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by "randolf.julian" <ra...@dominionenterprises.com> on 2013/03/22 02:21:06 UTC

Continue to the next record

I have an XML file that has several documents in it. For example:

<add>
  <doc>
     <field name="id">1</field>
     <field name="name" update="set">MyName1</field>
  </doc>
  <doc>
     <field name="id">2</field>
     <field name="name" update="set">MyName2</field>
  </doc>
  <doc>
     <field name="id">3</field>
     <field name="name" update="set">MyName3</field>
  </doc>
</add>

I upload the data using SOLR's post.sh script. For some reason, document 2
failed and it cause the post.sh script to stop. How can I make it continue
to the next document (3) even if it fails on 2?

Thanks

Re: Continue to the next record

Posted by "randolf.julian" <ra...@dominionenterprises.com>.
Erick,

Thanks for the info. That's also what I had in mind and that's what I did
since I can't find anything on the web regarding this issue.

Randolf

Re: Continue to the next record

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
This has been a long-standing issue with updates, several attempts
have been started to change the behavior, but they haven't gotten
off the ground.

Your options are to send one record at a time, or have error-handling
logic that, say, transmits the docs one at a time whenever a packet fails.

Best
Erick