Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by BlueDavy Lin <bl...@gmail.com> on 2011/04/19 07:58:50 UTC

Do u know more details about facebook use hbase

hi!

     In QCon facebook said they use constant region counts & rolling
splits,but do anybody know more details about it,such as how it
initialy define regions,now we occur the problem is it difficultly to
design the initial region range.

--
=============================
|     BlueDavy                                      |

Re: Do u know more details about facebook use hbase

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.
I don't know the details but I believe they had a good idea of the key
space since versions of the applications now running on hbase were
migrated from elsewhere.

In conversations, they've said that they have disabled splitting and
run splits manually "on Tuesdays" from which I understand, someone
takes a look at the cluster periodically to see how its doing and if a
region seems hot, they'll manually split it from shell or UI.

St.Ack