Posted to user@ant.apache.org by pingli <pi...@ee.ualberta.ca> on 2003/02/26 20:35:46 UTC

about CVS

hello,
I am beginer of ANT and want to use cvs. I write a task like:

<target name="checkout" description="Update package from CVS">
        <cvs cvsroot="${cvs.repository}" package="${cvs.package}"
dest=".."/>
    </target>
and have defined cvs.repository and cvs.package. but when I run it, it give
the error message:
checkout:
      [cvs] Caught exception: CreateProcess:
cvs -d:pserver:ping@cvs.cpsc.ucalga
ry.ca:/scrinium/c60185 checkout Helloworld error=2
I can manually use the command to checkout the files. So I don't know Ant
doesn't work.
Thanks,
Tracy

RE: about CVS

Posted by pingli <pi...@ee.ualberta.ca>.
hello,Jesse:
You are so right, I add cvs.exe into path, and everything is ok.
thank you so much.
ping

On Wednesday, February 26, 2003, at 02:35 PM, pingli wrote:
> hello,
> I am beginer of ANT and want to use cvs. I write a task like:
>
> <target name="checkout" description="Update package from CVS">
>         <cvs cvsroot="${cvs.repository}" package="${cvs.package}"
> dest=".."/>
>     </target>
> and have defined cvs.repository and cvs.package. but when I run it, it
> give
> the error message:
> checkout:
>       [cvs] Caught exception: CreateProcess:
> cvs -d:pserver:ping@cvs.cpsc.ucalga
> ry.ca:/scrinium/c60185 checkout Helloworld error=2

Is cvs(.exe) in your path? CreateProcess error #2 often means that Ant
can't find the executable you are trying to run.

If you run with '-debug' what do you see?

Jesse Stockall - jesse@cryptocard.com
CRYPTOCard Corp.

Re: about CVS

Posted by Jesse Stockall <je...@cryptocard.com>.