Posted to c-user@axis.apache.org by Jason Musgrave <js...@gmail.com> on 2005/10/27 23:27:00 UTC

Assistance running examples with ssl

Hello,
       I now have the AXIS-C calculator example client talking to a
java server instance.  The clients are on windows & AIX 5.2 and both
are working fine with http.
However when I submit over https I get an error on both platforms:
      "Exception :  HTTPTransportException:Input streaming error while
getting data Timed out waiting for HTTP header message (1)." (It's
shouldn't be a time out, it comes back instantly)
       My question is: what has anyone done to get the examples to
work with SSL.  I've been assuming the error message I keep getting is
because the client openssl  configuration doesn't like the server
cert... (which is self signed).  So I've been trying to get that
openssl on the client to recognize the signing cert as trusted.
      I haven't found anyone else online with a similar problem, so...
what did you do?  Was it this complicated?
     thanks,
    Jason Musgrave