Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Sebastian Mäder <ma...@fh-brandenburg.de> on 2001/09/24 10:51:15 UTC

Newbie Question (Static HTML from Cocoon2)

Hi there,

my name is sebastian and im a trainee on a company in Gemany. Im was
building a website with xhtml and cocoon2 ..

Now my big boss said to me, that i have to build a "STATIC HTML VERSION" of
my cocoon site, and I don't know how I can do this.
The only way I know is, to save from Browser, but that's not the way.

Are there any instructions for the sitemap.xmap or a batch file, which
generated this static version ??
I will hope you can help me. How can I get this information?

THX

Sebastian

Re: Newbie Question (Static HTML from Cocoon2)

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@codeconsult.ch>.
> i have to build a "STATIC HTML VERSION" of
> my cocoon site

wget (www.gnu.org/software/wget) should allow you to do this - it will
recursively pull HTML pages from an HTTP connection and save them as static
files.

--
 -- Bertrand Delacrétaz, www.codeconsult.ch
 -- web technologies consultant - OO, Java, XML, C++

Re: Newbie Question (Static HTML from Cocoon2)

Posted by Jeff Turner <je...@socialchange.net.au>.
For a real-world example of a Cocoon website being generated offline,
have a look at the jakarta-avalon documentation system. All driven by
Ant.. pretty cool :)

wget is probably less hassle though.

--Jeff

Posted by Arno Illmann <ar...@gmx.de>.
Oh. Yes. I hit the wrong button! .-) Arno

giacomo schrieb:

> On Mon, 24 Sep 2001, Arno Illmann wrote:
>
> Arno
>
> Please post in english or in private.
>
> TIA
>
> Giacomo
>
> > oder z.B mit Webcopier (mein favorite, ist auch freeware) oder noch anderen "offline browsern".  Aber warum eine static version ?
> >
> > mfg, Arno
> >
> > Sebastian Mäder schrieb:
> > >
> > > Hi there,
> > >
> > > my name is sebastian and im a trainee on a company in Gemany. Im was
> > > building a website with xhtml and cocoon2 ..
> > >
> > > Now my big boss said to me, that i have to build a "STATIC HTML VERSION" of
> > > my cocoon site, and I don't know how I can do this.
> > > The only way I know is, to save from Browser, but that's not the way.
> > >
> > > Are there any instructions for the sitemap.xmap or a batch file, which
> > > generated this static version ??
> > > I will hope you can help me. How can I get this information?
> > >
> > > THX
> > >
> > > Sebastian

Arno Illmann
Uerdinger Str. 22
47799 Krefeld
02151/601142
arno.illmann@gmx.de

Re: Newbie Question (Static HTML from Cocoon2)

Posted by giacomo <gi...@apache.org>.

Posted by Arno Illmann <ar...@gmx.de>.

Sebastian Mäder schrieb:

> Hi there,
>
> my name is sebastian and im a trainee on a company in Gemany. Im was
> building a website with xhtml and cocoon2 ..
>
> Now my big boss said to me, that i have to build a "STATIC HTML VERSION" of
> my cocoon site, and I don't know how I can do this.
> The only way I know is, to save from Browser, but that's not the way.
>
> Are there any instructions for the sitemap.xmap or a batch file, which
> generated this static version ??
> I will hope you can help me. How can I get this information?
>
> THX
>
> Sebastian

Arno Illmann
Uerdinger Str. 22