Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Stefan Frei <st...@gmail.com> on 2013/12/02 20:23:03 UTC

Same realm for three different countries

Hello There

tomcat 7.0.42

debian

I have the same webapplication responsible for providing services fro
three different countries.

Therefore 3 slightly different database schemes exist on my mysql instance.

one for ch(switzerland), one for de(germany) and one for at(austria).

now my auth-realm which extends RealmBase should be able to decide to
which schema to connect to, depending on the requested url.

for example requests to webapp.ch should use the table users in schema ch.

how am i able to read out httprequest or session in the realm to
identify for which country the request is destined?

Cheers Stefan

Re: Same realm for three different countries

Posted by André Warnier <aw...@ice-sa.com>.
Stefan Frei wrote:
> do you see a entry point where to start ?
> i already have a customRealm

I would look at the problem in a different way, and set up 3 virtual hosts, one for each
country.  Then it is just a configuration change, nothing in the code.

Posted by Stefan Frei <st...@gmail.com>.
Hello
thanks for your all help.
I think the solution is possible with the username.

when i use "firstname.lastname@webapp.ch" i can evaluate that in the
realm and the changes i have to made are not that hard.

Cheers

Stefan

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.

Posted by Stefan Frei <st...@gmail.com>.