Posted to dev@arrow.apache.org by Mark Keller <ma...@snowflake.com.INVALID> on 2020/03/04 23:51:42 UTC

Missing Windows 35 wheel for 0.16.0

Hi,

Thank you for all your work, I was trying to update
`snowflake-connector-python` project to work with the newest `pyarrow`
release 0.16.0.

However; it seems like it’s missing the Windows Python 3.5 wheel file on
PyPi.

Was this on purpose? I found:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ARROW-5679 but this seems to be open
for the time being.

Could you please let me know if you are planning on releasing this, or if
it’s gone for good?

--
Mark Keller
Software Engineer

mobile  +1 650 484 6154 <+16504846154>
email  mark.keller@snowflake.com <na...@snowflake.com>

Snowflake Inc.
450 Concar Drive
San Mateo, CA 94402

Re: Missing Windows 35 wheel for 0.16.0

Posted by Wes McKinney <we...@gmail.com>.
hi Mark -- looks like the 3.5 package was dropped due to problems with
dependencies in

https://github.com/apache/arrow/pull/5569

I'm sure we'd be fine uploading a 3.5 wheel if someone can provide a
patch on top of the 0.16.0 branch to fix the package build on Python
3.5

We're considering dropping 3.5 in either the next major release or the
one after since many other Python projects have also dropped it
(pandas has already dropped 3.5 for example).

- Wes