Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Gopal Patwa <go...@gmail.com> on 2012/04/30 05:56:47 UTC

ConcurrentUpdateSolrServer and unable to override default http settings

In Solr4j client trunk build for 4.0, ConcurrentUpdateSolrServer class does
not allow to override default http settings
like HttpConnectionParams.setConnectionTimeout,
HttpConnectionParams.setSoTimeout, DefaultMaxConnectionsPerHost

Due to HttpSolrServer is not accessible from ConcurrentUpdateSolrServer
class,  since most of time you just need to override default http settings,
I know we can pass HttpClient but it would be nice
if ConcurrentUpdateSolrServer can allow to get access to HttpSolrServer
from some getter method.

Otherwise anyone who need to override default http settings need to pass
HttpClient.

-Gopal Patwa

Re: ConcurrentUpdateSolrServer and unable to override default http settings

Posted by Gopal Patwa <go...@gmail.com>.
Is this possible to make this improvement, so it can save lot of time and
code for using ConcurrentUpdateSolrServer with allowing to override default
http settings