Posted to users@jena.apache.org by "Dan B." <da...@kempt.net> on 2012/10/12 20:31:47 UTC

[Fuseki] Target graph URI - which URI?

In Fuseki, the SPARQLer page has a field labeled "Target graph URI (or use
FROM in the query)".

Which URI goes there?  (What function (combination) of a locally running
Fuseki instance's root URL, my dataset name, and Fuseki/SPARQL suffixes
such as /data, /query, etc.--and what else--makes a "target graph URI"?)

Thanks,
Daniel

Re: [Fuseki] Target graph URI - which URI?

Posted by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org>.
On 12/10/12 19:31, Dan B. wrote:
> In Fuseki, the SPARQLer page has a field labeled "Target graph URI (or use
> FROM in the query)".
>
> Which URI goes there?  (What function (combination) of a locally running
> Fuseki instance's root URL, my dataset name, and Fuseki/SPARQL suffixes
> such as /data, /query, etc.--and what else--makes a "target graph URI"?)
>

> Thanks,
> Daniel

This is from the General SPARQL Service -- there is no dataset backing
up that service so you must name the data to query in the protocol (the
box on the form) or FROM in the query.

It must be a URL for a graph.  You can ask for a graph out of the
dataset - but it will be read out into memory to query.  Inefficient.
The URI is http://localhost:3030/data?graph=http://whatever/... or
?default.  Its using the SPARQL graph store protocol to retrive all of a
graph.

The best way is to query a graph in a dataset, use the dataset query
service via form sparql.tpl and you can use GRAPH to pick out specific
graphs of the dataset.

	Andy