Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org> on 2012/04/13 21:43:20 UTC

Re: Boosting StandardQuery scores with a "subquery"?

:     I'm having some trouble wrapping my head around boosting StandardQueries.
: It looks like the function: query(subquery, default)
: <http://wiki.apache.org/solr/FunctionQuery#query> is what I want, but the
: examples seem to focus on just returning a score (e.g. product of popularity
: and the score of the subquery). I assume my difficulty stems from the fact
: that I'd like to retrieve highlighting from one query, but impact score and
: 'relevance' by a different (sub)query.

if your primary concern is just having highlighting on some words, while
lots of otherwords contribute to the score, then you should take a look at
the hl.q param introduced in Solr 3.5...

http://wiki.apache.org/solr/HighlightingParameters#hl.q

That lets you completley seperate the two if you'd like.

you cna even use local param syntax to reduce duplication...

  q={!v=$qq}
  qq=content:(roi "return on investment" "return investment"~5)
  hl.q={!v=$qq}
  fq=extension:(pdf doc)
  boost=keywords:(financial investment profit loss)
        title:(financial investment profit loss)
        url:(investment investor relations phoenix)

...should work i think.

-Hoss