Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Premal Shah <pr...@gmail.com> on 2019/05/16 22:36:05 UTC

HS2 for v2.3.4 takes a long time to start

Hi,
We are migrating from Hive 2.0.1 to 2.3.4. In the test environment, we have
cloned data from the production hive metastore which has about 100
databases and each database has about 300 tables. When we are starting the
thrift server using *hive --server hiveserver2, *it takes a long time for
the server to start listening on the default port *10000*. In the hive
logs, we see logs from HiveMetaStore.java

2019-05-16T21:29:22,628 INFO  [main]: metastore.HiveMetaStore
(HiveMetaStore.java:logInfo(781)) - 0: get_multi_table : db=*<database>*
tbls=*<comma separated list of tables>*

After about 15 minutes, when each database is iterated over in alphabetic
order, the server is up.
This is not the case in Hive 2.0.1. Is there a setting we are missing?

Premal Shah.