Posted to dev@santuario.apache.org by Christian Geuer-Pollmann <ge...@apache.org> on 2003/01/29 13:00:05 UTC

Please undo the movement of xml-security from xml.apache.org to ws.apache.org

Dear PMC members of (xml|ws).apache.org,

hereby the committers [1] of the Apache XML-Security project officially
request to move the Apache XML-Security from the ws.apache.org subproject
back to the xml.apache.org project.

In the past, we all have not realized that the resolution mail [2] meant
that the code base and responsibilities were going from xml to ws. First of
all, there had been no voting process on security-dev@xml.apache.org to
support such a movement. All that stuff happend during the last few days
without being clear what happened and why.

The XML-Security project implements (at the moment) only W3C
recommendations which are generally XML-related. The Web Services community
is utilizing these specs to add security to web services, but it's only a
user of XML-Security. Nevertheless, it is not primary related to web
services.

So we kindly ask to take back this move which had not been approved by the
XML-Security committers.

Kind regards,
Christian

[1] geuerp@apache.org
    vdkoogh@apache.org
    amattheu@apache.org

[2]
<http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-apache-general&m=104316088830105&w=2>

Re: Please undo the movement of xml-security from xml.apache.org to ws.apache.org

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <di...@yahoo.com>.
Christian,

we will present this to the board and recommend the move back (on feb 19th as per greg).

Thanks,
dims

=====
Davanum Srinivas - http://xml.apache.org/~dims/