Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Emi Lu <em...@encs.concordia.ca> on 2011/04/12 21:14:44 UTC

Struts2 + spring3.05 + Quartz => IncompatibleClassChangeError

Hello,

Struts2 + spring3.05 + Quartz.

Tomcat6 cannot be started & showing the following exception message:
org.springframework.beans.factory.CannotLoadBeanClassException:
Error loading class [org.springframework.scheduling.quartz.JobDetailBean]

for bean with name 'schedulerJob' defined in ServletContext resource
[/WEB-INF/applicationContext-ibatis.xml]:

problem with class file or dependent class;

nested exception is java.lang.IncompatibleClassChangeError:
class org.springframework.scheduling.quartz.JobDetailBean
has interface org.quartz.JobDetail as super class

Re: Struts2 + spring3.05 + Quartz => IncompatibleClassChangeError

Posted by Dave Newton <da...@gmail.com>.
Perhaps asking on a Spring list since so far it doesn't seem to be
related to Struts at all.

Dave

Posted by Emi Lu <em...@encs.concordia.ca>.
Good morning all,

Thank you very much for the information!

I tried the following, and it works now:
(1) Use quartz-1.8.5.jar instead 2.0

(2) Added slf4j-api-1.6.1.jar

Emi

On 04/12/2011 09:24 PM, Haroon Rafique wrote:
> Disclaimer, I didn't read the whole thread, just saw your last email.
>
> As Dave said, this is unrelated to Struts2. Its a Spring issue. AFAIK, quartz 2 is not supported by spring 3 (or spring 2.5) yet. Is it an option for you to downgrade to quartz 1.8.4?
>
> Hope that helps, otherwise sorry for wasting bandwidth.
>
> Cheers,
> --
> Haroon Rafique<ha...@utoronto.ca>
> \Enterprise Apps&  Solutions Integration, University of Toronto
>

> On 2011-04-12, at 5:01 PM, Emi Lu wrote:
>

>>> I'd look for class loading issues. Maybe you have a couple jars with
>>> quartz? Maybe an incompatible version combination?
>>
>> Two jars:
>> =======================
>> . quartz-2.0.0.jar
>> . org.springframework.context.support-3.0.5.RELEASE.jar
>>
>> But I cannot find other places contains the class.
>>
>> Still got the error :-(
>>
>> Emi

Emi Lu, ENCS, Concordia University, Montreal H3G 1M8
emilu@encs.concordia.ca        +1 514 848-2424 x5884

Re: Struts2 + spring3.05 + Quartz => IncompatibleClassChangeError

Posted by Emi Lu <em...@encs.concordia.ca>.

Posted by Eric Lentz <Er...@sherwin.com>.