Posted to user@uima.apache.org by Jaroslaw Cwiklik <ui...@gmail.com> on 2009/10/07 21:00:09 UTC

Re: UIMA AS AnalysisEngineProcessException: CasManager.release(CAS) was called with a CAS that does not belong to this CasManager.

Jorn, did you update the uima core to the head as well?
Jerry

Posted by Jörn Kottmann <ko...@gmail.com>.
Jörn Kottmann wrote:

>> Also, I just checked the stack trace you sent against the current
>> uima-core
>> and cant seem to reconcile the line numbers in the stack trace. It
>> appears
>> that you may not be running with the latest uima core. Check
>>  org.apache.uima.cas.impl.CASImpl.release(CASImpl.java:3568)
>>
>> In the latest code CASImpl.java line 3568 does not appear to be inside
>> release() method
>>
>> This to me is an evidence that perhaps you may be running with an older
>> version of uima core..
>>
> Yes, I checked again and found out that I mistakenly updated the machine
> with an old version which was build on 24th August. The name of the
> folder in the distribution package changed from apache-uima-as to
> apache-uima,
> during the update I then picked the old apache-uima-as folder.
>
> But I will test again with the head version.
Could not reproduce the issue with the current version,
so I hope its gone now.

Jörn

Posted by Jörn Kottmann <ko...@gmail.com>.
> Also, I just checked the stack trace you sent against the current uima-core
> and cant seem to reconcile the line numbers in the stack trace. It appears
> that you may not be running with the latest uima core. Check
>  org.apache.uima.cas.impl.CASImpl.release(CASImpl.java:3568)
>
> In the latest code CASImpl.java line 3568 does not appear to be inside
> release() method
>
> This to me is an evidence that perhaps you may be running with an older
> version of uima core..

Yes, I checked again and found out that I mistakenly updated the machine
with an old version which was build on 24th August. The name of the
folder in the distribution package changed from apache-uima-as to
apache-uima,
during the update I then picked the old apache-uima-as folder.

But I will test again with the head version.

Sorry,
Jörn

Posted by Jaroslaw Cwiklik <ui...@gmail.com>.
Jorn, I am puzzled by your problem. At this point I have no idea what could
be going wrong. We use scaled-out synch aggregates in uima-as deployements
and dont see the problem. We run on fast 8-way machines and I would think
any possible race conditions would have shown self by now. Perhaps you have
a different configuration that perhaps is somehow different. Is there any
way you can reduce your setup to something small that you can package and
send to us for debugging?
Also, I just checked the stack trace you sent against the current uima-core
and cant seem to reconcile the line numbers in the stack trace. It appears
that you may not be running with the latest uima core. Check
 org.apache.uima.cas.impl.CASImpl.release(CASImpl.java:3568)

In the latest code CASImpl.java line 3568 does not appear to be inside
release() method

This to me is an evidence that perhaps you may be running with an older
version of uima core..

Regards, Jerry

Posted by Jörn Kottmann <ko...@gmail.com>.