Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Victor Mote <vi...@outfitr.com> on 2004/09/02 16:56:53 UTC

pdf filter configuration

Background posts:

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=fop-dev&m=107844102423248&w=2

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=fop-user&m=108239654802077&w=2

FWIW, as I set about to change this in foray, I realized that the filters
can be disabled by simply passing an empty set through the configuration.
For example:

  <entry role="pdf">
    <key>stream-filter-list</key>
    <list>
    </list>
  </entry>

If you completely remove the entire entry, you will get the effect mentioned
by Joerg, but the above will create a List with no entries that will be
used.

Another option:

  <entry role="pdf">
    <key>stream-filter-list</key>
    <value></value>           <!-- This line can be omitted -->
  </entry>

The following will yield a warning, but still give the desired effect:

  <entry role="pdf">
    <key>stream-filter-list</key>
    <value>null</value>
  </entry>

This might be worth documenting for your end users.

This is also relevant to the testing scheme that Joerg put together a long
time ago. If unencoded files are used for the regression testing, then it
becomes more practical to "diff" them for debugging.

Victor Mote