Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@apache.org> on 2005/03/25 11:57:52 UTC

Mark DeLaFranier - new Apache Geronimo committer

Dear Mark,

The Apache Geronimo PMC has voted to offer you commit status on the
Apache Geronimo project, as I believe that Alan and others are tired of
having to commit your excellent patches :)

Thank you for your participation so far in the project, and we all are
excited to have you as a committer.

Please let us know if you wish to accept this offer.

geir

geirm@apache.org

Re: Mark DeLaFranier - new Apache Geronimo committer

Posted by Mark <de...@hotmail.com>.
Thanks for all the individual welcome messages.

I am looking forward to working with everybody and helping out where I
can to see that Geronimo continues on the road to success.

Mark

Posted by Gianny Damour <gi...@optusnet.com.au>.
BTW Mark, I hope that you will accept this offer :).

Congrats for your upcoming commit status and, indeed, thanks for your
hard work on interop.

Gianny

Posted by Jeff Genender <jg...@savoirtech.com>.
Mark,

If that doesn't work, try Tor:

http://tor.eff.org/

This one gets by most corporate firewalls...but not all.

Jeff

Posted by Hiram Chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com>.
Hi Mark,

Posted by Mark <de...@hotmail.com>.

Posted by David Blevins <da...@visi.com>.
On Mon, Mar 28, 2005 at 03:59:16PM -0500, Mark wrote:
> 1. Under windows I don't have ssh.  Maybe there is an opensource version
> available?

When I was a windows user I used both openssh on cygwin and Putty.  Openssh for commands on my machine that needed ssh support (cvs, svn, etc) and Putty for loging into boxes to hang out for awhile.  Preferences vary of course.

Nice thing about openssh on cygwin is that the configuration and usage is pretty much the same as linux.

> 3. I also tried from a linux box:  (I don't have access to a user
> account named 'delafran' on the machine)
>
> [jagadmin@watlnx4 jagadmin]$ ssh -L 6667:irc.freenode.net:6667
> people.apache.org
[...]
> jagadmin@people.apache.org's password:
> Permission denied, please try again.

ssh -L 6667:irc.freenode.net:6667 delafran@people.apache.org

That should do the trick.

-David

Re: Mark DeLaFranier - new Apache Geronimo committer

Posted by David Blevins <da...@visi.com>.
Welcome aboard, Mark!

Posted by Dain Sundstrom <ds...@gluecode.com>.

Posted by Geir Magnusson Jr <ge...@4quarters.com>.
I think by definition he kicks you out of the rookie club, and you
graduate to "old hand"....

:)

geir

geir@gluecode.com

Re: Mark DeLaFranier - new Apache Geronimo committer

Posted by Jeff Genender <jg...@apache.org>.

--
Jeff Genender
http://geronimo.apache.org

Re: Mark DeLaFranier - new Apache Geronimo committer

Posted by Jeremy Boynes <jb...@apache.org>.
Congratulations Mark.

--
Jeremy