Posted to users@continuum.apache.org by Jeremy Rottman <JR...@noteworthymedical.com> on 2010/10/07 22:41:06 UTC

Setting up an Ant Project

I have two questions relating to setting up an ant project.

The first is within the scm url field for the ant project I have use this scm:svn://10.10.11.22/repos/dev/branches/9.18.shelf

When I attempt to run a test build I get the following error:
Provider message: The scm url is invalid.: //10.10.11.22/repos/dev/branches/9.18.shelf url isn't a valid svn URL.

The second question I have is. After I have properly setup my ant project, where do I place the build.xml script that I built?

Thank you,
Jeremy Rottman

Re: Setting up an Ant Project

Posted by Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org>.
On 2010-10-08 04:36, Wendy Smoak wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 7, 2010 at 10:33 PM, Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I think you need another "svn" in there:  scm:svn:svn://... .  See
>> http://maven.apache.org/scm/subversion.html for examples.
>
> ...but I don't think the svn:// protocol is supported.
> http://continuum.apache.org/docs/1.3.6/user_guides/managing_project/addProject.html
> says only http, https, or ftp.

Do you know if there are any plans (or JIRA issue) to add more
protocols? Luckily for me we have a ViewVC at my day job that I can use
to give Continuum access the POM when adding a project.

Are you using Wagon for the transport? If so adding Wagon SCM might be
an option.

--
Dennis Lundberg

Re: Setting up an Ant Project

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.

Re: Setting up an Ant Project

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Oct 7, 2010 at 4:41 PM, Jeremy Rottman
<JR...@noteworthymedical.com> wrote:

> The first is within the scm url field for the ant project I have use this scm:svn://10.10.11.22/repos/dev/branches/9.18.shelf
>
> When I attempt to run a test build I get the following error:
> Provider message: The scm url is invalid.: //10.10.11.22/repos/dev/branches/9.18.shelf url isn't a valid svn URL.

I think you need another "svn" in there:  scm:svn:svn://... .  See
http://maven.apache.org/scm/subversion.html for examples.

> The second question I have is. After I have properly setup my ant project, where do I place the build.xml script that I built?

Your build.xml file should be checked into Subversion along with your
project code.  It will get checked out (once the first problem is
fixed.)

--
Wendy