Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Steve Mactaggart <sm...@303sport.com> on 2002/02/08 05:32:36 UTC

SSL startup issue

Hello all,

I have been playing with SSL recently and I am in the process of working out
installation of signed certificates and stuff.  My first step is to use a
self signed cert.

I have done this before and had no problems.  This time though I had
problems.

First, tomcat wouldn't recognise the path set in the server.xml file.  It
seems that it was the dev version of 3.3.1 that I was using that had a bug
in it.
I fixed that by getting the latest one.

So now I have the latest 3.3.1-dev (downloaded 8th Feb) and it seems to work
fine on Window, but when I try to start it on a linux redhat system I get
the following error.

EmbededTomcat: exception initializing ContextManager
org.apache.tomcat.core.TomcatException: Error loading SSLImplementation
        at
org.apache.tomcat.modules.server.PoolTcpConnector.checkSocketFactory(Unknown
Source)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.modules.server.PoolTcpConnector.engineInit(Unknown Source)

I have searched the web, and the lists for an answer to what could be
calling it.

Anyone have any idea.

Steve Mactaggart
Senior Java Developer /