Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Gwyn Evans <gw...@gmail.com> on 2007/11/07 02:58:05 UTC

[OT] CSS issues - suggestions?

It's slightly off-topic, as while it's not directly Wicket, it's my
Wicket app that it showing up on...

I've got some text that shows up fine in Firefox but only when
selected in IE (IE7) and I've no idea what the real issue is, so I'm
hoping someone can take a glance.

I've cut down the page a fair bit, but while I still have some
redundant CSS, most of the HTML seems to be involved one way or
another.  I suspect I'm doing odd things with sizes & floats that's
triggering something, as setting a "height-min" style seems to help,
but I've not really any idea what's happening at the moment.

Anyway, page is at http://www.gwynevans.ukfsn.org/snap1.html with the
two included css sheets at
http://www.gwynevans.ukfsn.org/css/CareApp.css &
http://www.gwynevans.ukfsn.org/css/liquidcorners.css

Thanks for any suggestions!

/Gwyn

Re: [OT] CSS issues - suggestions?

Posted by Gwyn Evans <gw...@gmail.com>.
Hi Al,

On 07 November 2007, 9:42:36 AM, Gwyn Evans wrote:
AM> Gwyn Evans wrote:
>> I've got some text that shows up fine in Firefox but only when
>> selected in IE (IE7) and I've no idea what the real issue is, so I'm
>> hoping someone can take a glance.

AM> That bug tends to be triggered by floats, but there are various things
AM> that can cause it. You can almost always work around it by giving the
AM> affected element "layout".

AM> See: http://www.satzansatz.de/cssd/onhavinglayout.html

AM> You could also try making the element position: relative and see if that
AM> fixes it.

Thanks - still to go through the doc, but at first glance, it looks
very promising.  I've managed to get it down to this (wonder if it'll
come through!)

             Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Sed condimentum consequat urna.

so should be able to test it easy enough.

Posted by Al Maw <wi...@almaw.com>.
Gwyn Evans wrote:
> I've got some text that shows up fine in Firefox but only when
> selected in IE (IE7) and I've no idea what the real issue is, so I'm
> hoping someone can take a glance.

That bug tends to be triggered by floats, but there are various things
that can cause it. You can almost always work around it by giving the
affected element "layout".

See: http://www.satzansatz.de/cssd/onhavinglayout.html

You could also try making the element position: relative and see if that
fixes it.

Regards,

Al