Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by palexv <pa...@gmail.com> on 2009/09/14 16:15:22 UTC

Dataimport MySQLNonTransientConnectionException: No operations allowed after connection closed

I know that my issue is related to
http://www.nabble.com/dataimporthandler-and-multiple-delta-import-td19160129.html#a19160129
and https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-728
but my case is quite different.
As I understand patch at https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-728
prevents concurrent executing of import operation but does NOT put command
in a queue.

I have only few records to index. When run full reindex - it works very
fast. But when I try to rerun this even after a couple of seconds - I am
getting
Caused by: com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.MySQLNonTransientConnectionException:
No operations allowed after connection closed.

At this time, when I check status - it says that status is idle and
everything was indexed success.
Second run of reindex without exception I can run only after 10 seconds.
It does not work for me! If I apply patch from
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-728 - I will unable to reindex in
next 10 seconds as well.
Any suggestions?

RE: Dataimport MySQLNonTransientConnectionException: No operations allowed after connection closed

Posted by Fuad Efendi <fu...@efendi.ca>.
Easy FIX: use autoReconnect=true for MySQL:

jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/?useUnicode=true&characterEncoding=UTF-8&autoReconnect=true

May be it will help; connection is auto-closed " after a couple of seconds" (usually 10 seconds) by default, for MySQL... connection pooling won't help (their JDBC is already pool based, and server closes connection after some delays)

-Fuad
(MySQL contributor)

Posted by Noble Paul നോബിള്‍ नोब्ळ् <no...@corp.aol.com>.

Posted by palexv <pa...@gmail.com>.