Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by Jaro Glapski <li...@go2.pl> on 2002/06/16 00:22:08 UTC

how to create DOM document using only dtd

Hi,
I'm trying to write a simple xml editor. I know how to edit xml documents,
but HOW TO CREATE A DOCUMENT WHEN YOU ONLY HAVE DTD. The document must be
valid but the user don't know anything about DTD. The goal is to provide
the user for example a wizard which can tell him what nodes could be created
in certain place.
So, in the begining we (the user) have empty document and the wizard tell us
that we can create a root-node named ... and so on.

My question is how to parse dtd without any line of xml file. And how to do
sth like this funcionality?

i'm using xerces-c 1.6 under win2000/linux

Thanks for any help.

Pozdrawiam serdecznie
Jaro Glapski
<li...@go2.pl>