Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Patrick Schmidt <ps...@sit.fraunhofer.de> on 2006/07/17 13:37:26 UTC

InvocationTargetException when putting the web service classes in a jar file under lib

Hi there,

I have following problem with axis. I already searched the mailing list,
but found nothing so far. Therefore any help would be greatly appreciated.

When I am putting the classes of my web service in a jar file under the
webapps/axis/lib directory on my tomcat, I get an
InvocationTargetException, when trying to invoke the web service.
However, if I am extracting the web service class (only the class
specified in the param className in the server-config.wsdd, the other
associated classes are still only in the jar) in the
webapps/axis/classes folder everything works fine.

I am sure that the directory structure in the jar equals the directory
structure under /axis/classes.

Thanks for any answer.

Best regards,

Patrick Schmidt

Re: InvocationTargetException when putting the web service classes in a jar file under lib

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.
Good Morning Patrick-

Take a look at /axis/server-config.wsdd notice the entry for your service
Here is an example
 <service name="AdminService" provider="java:MSG">
  <parameter name="allowedMethods" value="AdminService"/>
  <parameter name="enableRemoteAdmin" value="false"/>
  <parameter name="className" value="org.apache.axis.utils.Admin"/>
  <namespace>http://xml.apache.org/axis/wsdd/</namespace>
  <namespace>http://xml.apache.org/axis/wsdd/</namespace>
 </service>
In this situation Admin.class must be in %TOMCAT_HOME%/webapps/axis/WEB-INF/classes/org/apache/axis/utils/Admin
OR if wrapped in a jar could be located here
%TOMCAT_HOME%/webapps/axis/WEB-INF/lib

HTH,
Martin --

Posted by Patrick Schmidt <ps...@sit.fraunhofer.de>.