Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by "Zerbst, Carsten" <Ca...@PROSTEP.com> on 2007/08/16 09:06:27 UTC

Exact type got lost

Hello,

I have a problem where the exact type off the entities got lost when creating the input for a webservice.

The schema defines a type hierachy like this

PLMQuery<-SpecificQuery<-ExplicitItemQuery

and a xml structure for the query method containing a PLMQuery.

I used xmlbeans to generate the xml binding and create the query like this

 ExplicitItemQuery initialQuery = ExplicitItemQuery.Factory.newInstance();
 initialQuery.setName( "root" );
 QueryDocument doc = QueryDocument.Factory.newInstance();
 QueryParameter par = doc.addNewQuery();
 par.setQuery( initialQuery );

 The java type of the initialQuery is an ExplicitItem. When I retrieve the
 the query from the parent element QueryParamter I get a java class of PLMQuery.
 and the xml does not contain any information that the query type should be an ExplicitItemQuery

<query xmlns="urn:test.net/ssrm/services/parameter" xmlns:spec="urn:test.net/ssrm/services/specificQuery">
  <query>
    <spec:name>root</spec:name>
  </query>
</query>

What could I do to keep the desired type information in the xml ?

Thanks, Carsten

___
Dr.-Ing. Carsten Zerbst

PROSTEP ITS  GmbH