Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Stefano Rossato <s....@bibicom.it> on 2002/07/11 13:16:42 UTC

Login in web application

I need to protect all web applications pages

in server.xml the database connection work well

 <Realm  className="org.apache.catalina.realm.JDBCRealm" debug="99"
              driverName="org.postgresql.Driver"
	 connectionURL="jdbc:postgresql://host.domain.it/selector?user=xxxxx;
	password=xxxxxx" userTable="utenti" userNameCol="login"
 	serCredCol="password" userRoleTable="utenti_livelli" roleNameCol="livello"/>

this section of ma web.xml

 <login-config>
         <auth-method>FORM</auth-method>
         <form-login-config>
                 <form-login-page>

 http://www.archiviofoto.it:8080/selector/form_login.html
                 </form-login-page>
                 <form-error-page>

 http://www.archiviofoto.it:8080/selector/error_login.html
                 </form-error-page>
         </form-login-config>
 </login-config>

 cause thi error on tomcat4 startup

Apache Tomcat/4.0.4
ERROR reading java.io.ByteArrayInputStream@62e85f93
At Line 26 /web-app/login-config/

who have a idea off possible causes

Stefano Rossato

Re: Login in web application

Posted by Jacob Kjome <ho...@visi.com>.
I believe you need to poin to your login pages relatively to your webapp:

<form-login-page>
/selector/form_login.html
</form-login-page>
<form-error-page>
/selector/error_login.html
</form-error-page>

also, dont' forget to set up your <security-constraint> and <security-role>

Jake