Posted to dev@nifi.apache.org by Otto Fowler <ot...@gmail.com> on 2018/03/15 19:47:38 UTC

The difference between PostHTTP and GetHTTP wrt headers

Can someone explain or confirm why GetHTTP uses Dynamic Properties for
setting custom headers in http requests but PostHTTP uses a Property with a
Regex to pull flow file attributes?

Is it due to the forbidden input?

Thanks

ottO

Re: The difference between PostHTTP and GetHTTP wrt headers

Posted by Otto Fowler <ot...@gmail.com>.
Along with user defined….

On March 15, 2018 at 22:40:33, Otto Fowler (ottobackwards@gmail.com) wrote:

So looking at it, the standard way would be dynamic properties.  Thank you
Andy.

On March 15, 2018 at 22:30:33, Otto Fowler (ottobackwards@gmail.com) wrote:

I’m actually looking at doing a web service processor , that would support
setting custom headers, and I want it to be “standard”.
I’ll look at the InvokeHTTP.

On March 15, 2018 at 15:57:33, Andy LoPresto (alopresto@apache.org) wrote:

Both of these are legacy processors introduced early on in NiFi’s
development and intended for moving data between NiFi instances. I would
recommend you use InvokeHTTP, which is a more modern and full-featured
processor and can perform both GET and POST requests.

Andy LoPresto
alopresto@apache.org
*alopresto.apache@gmail.com <al...@gmail.com>*

Posted by Andy LoPresto <al...@apache.org>.