Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by MavrickIT <kh...@mavrickit.com> on 2009/10/02 18:34:45 UTC

Ofbiz installation tutorial???

Can anybody help me out for Ofbiz installation guide [step by step command
lines] from the Terminal (Ububntu)?

I've been facing lots trouble about it. Please find me a solution. I found
no solid step by step commands tutorials for installing ofbiz or running it.
well, I am newbie to linux as well. Eventually, I don't even know how to
extract or download ofbiz.
Please help me.

RE: OFBiz installation tutorial???

Posted by MavrickIT <kh...@mavrickit.com>.
Dan,
Forgot to tell you that, i cannt even access my server remotely.
Now it's kinda freaking me out. Don't know what's happening,
network connection timed out ------ while accessing through a remote
terminal.
Please help me
thanks

Dan Dodd wrote:

> What message did you the browser give when you pointed it to
> http://127.0.0.1:8080/ecommerce   ?
>
> Dan Dodd
>
> IHOP-KC
> dandodd@ihop.org

>>> distribution: ./startofbiz.sh

Posted by Adrian Crum <ad...@hlmksw.com>.
It's not stuck. It is running normally.

-Adrian

Posted by MavrickIT <kh...@mavrickit.com>.
Dan,

Posted by MavrickIT <kh...@mavrickit.com>.
Hello Ruth,

Posted by Adrian Crum <ad...@hlmksw.com>.
All that's left to do is point your browser to your local URL.

-Adrian

Posted by MavrickIT <kh...@mavrickit.com>.
Thanks Ruth,

Posted by MavrickIT <kh...@mavrickit.com>.

Hey Dan,
Would be great if you could do so.
I should be waiting for your response.

Thanks,

Posted by Ruth Hoffman <rh...@aesolves.com>.
Hi MavrickIT:

Posted by Scott Gray <sc...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
The urls should be:
http://build.ofbiz.org/builds/ofbiz-trunk-current.zip
http://build.ofbiz.org/builds904/ofbiz-rel9.04-current.zip

Regards
Scott

HotWax Media
http://www.hotwaxmedia.com

Posted by MavrickIT <kh...@mavrickit.com>.
Hey Hoffman,

Posted by Ruth Hoffman <rh...@aesolves.com>.
Hello MavrickIT:

Posted by Rob Schapper <ro...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
Here are the steps that I use.

1) create directory to check out OfBiz to (~/sandbox)
2) cd to ~/sandbox
3) the following command will check out the ofbiz trunk in the current
directory and put it in a folder called ofbiz:
svn co http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/ofbiz/trunk ofbiz
4) once it is all done checking out, cd to ~/sandbox/ofbiz
5) The following command will use ant to build the ofbiz project and
load in the demo data so that you have a fully functioning instance:
ant clean-all run-install (the clean-all is not necessary but is a
nice command to wipe out any changes and bring back a fresh 'factory'
instance)
6) once the instance is done building run the following command to
start up the instance.
java -Xmx512M  -jar ofbiz.jar;
7) This can be the confusing part for the first time you run ofbiz.
The terminal is showing what the instance is doing so it will never
just say "ofbiz is ready!" Instead you will know everything is up and
running when you see something like this in the terminal:

2009-10-02 14:42:44,343 (main) [  CatalinaContainer.java:240:INFO ]
Started Apache Tomcat/6.0.16
Httpd started on port: 9989
Sessiond started on port: 9990
2009-10-02 14:42:44,444 (main) [ BeanShellContainer.java:100:INFO ]
Started BeanShell telnet service on 9989, 9990
2009-10-02 14:42:44,444 (main) [ BeanShellContainer.java:101:INFO ]
NOTICE: BeanShell service ports are not secure. Please protect the ports

8) Now in your browser type the following to get the demo ecommerce
site:
localhost:8080/ecommerce

9) you can also access the backend applications here using the
username/password combo of admin/ofbiz
localhost:8080/catalog
localhost:8080/partymgr
localhost:8080/webtools