Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by Mukul Gandhi <mu...@apache.org> on 2022/07/25 05:15:45 UTC

github xalanj user clarification

Hi all,
   If you see the page at, https://github.com/apache/xalan-j [1], it
shows a recent commit from user xercesj. Just to clarify, myself as
XalanJ committer, did that commit using the user xercesj. The github
user xercesj, actually belongs to Apache XercesJ project (for their
XPath 2.0 library, whose sources are hosted on github), and I have the
credentials of that user.

On my local workstation, I've couple of git users configured (for the
various git repos on my local), and I accidentally used the user
xercesj to commit to XalanJ git repos. IMHO, I won't be making that
error again.

Perhaps, any commit to XalanJ's git repos, should show the name of
user who did the commit, and not the generic name like xercesj.

Mukul Gandhi

Re: github xalanj user clarification

Posted by Mukul Gandhi <mu...@apache.org>.
Hi Gary,

On Mon, Jul 25, 2022 at 4:18 PM Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I agree that in general we should NOT use these types of accounts for commits.

Thanks, for reply and the clarification.

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.
I agree that in general we should NOT use these types of accounts for
commits.

Gary