Posted to jaxme-dev@ws.apache.org by David Gilliland <dg...@users.sourceforge.net> on 2005/09/06 18:22:10 UTC

Bug in JMControllerImpl.setProperty()

Hello,

I am using a recent cvs version of JaxME, and I seem to have encountered a bug.  I am setting the JAXME_FORMAT_DATETIME property and getting a "unknown property" exception.  On previous versions of JaxME this worked fine.

I isolated the problem to JMControllerImpl.setProperty():

	public void setProperty(String pProperty, Object pValue)
	throws PropertyException {
		if (pProperty.startsWith(JAXME_PRIVATE)) {
			if (privateMap == null) {
				privateMap = new HashMap();
			}
			privateMap.put(pProperty, pValue);
			return;
		} else if (pProperty.equals(JAXME_DATATYPE_CONVERTER)) {
			datatypeConverter = (DatatypeConverterInterface) pValue;
			return;
		} else if (JAXME_FORMAT_DATETIME.equals(pProperty)) {
			setDateTimeFormat((Format) pValue);
		} else if (JAXME_FORMAT_DATE.equals(pProperty)) {
			setDateFormat((Format) pValue);
		} else if (JAXME_FORMAT_TIME.equals(pProperty)) {
			setTimeFormat((Format) pValue);
		}

		throw new PropertyException("Unknown property: " + pProperty);
	}

If you attempt to set any of the JAXME_FORMAT_* properties, it will set the property and then throw an "Unknown property" exception.  I changed the method as follows:

[...]

and now it seems to work as before.

--David

Sent via the WebMail system at logictrends.com

Re: Bug in JMControllerImpl.setProperty()

Posted by Jochen Wiedmann <jo...@gmail.com>.
Thanks, patch applied to the MAVEN (upcoming 0.6) and to the 0.5
(current stable) branches.

Jochen